To go or not to go to school? - Parent's discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

To go or not to go to school?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ReneeM

ReneeM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:08 PM

Advertisement
My child developed IBS in 6th grade with a stomach virus in which caused her stomach to make noises in the class and the children around her laughed. This caused trauma to her and has affected her in school ever since. Now she is in 8th grade and we struggle each morning to get her to go to school. Most days after she gets there she's okay but there are some days where she says she can't focus because she's worried about her stomach making noise. Sometimes I feel guilty for making her go to school. Our mornings are very stressful and we go in late some days because she feels the need to try to get everything out so that she doesn't have to go at school. We've looked at other schooling options but I am a single parent and cant homeschool. There is a possibility of doing K12 in highschool. We have started therapy to help with anxiety and effects of trauma. I am doing everything at school to help make things easier, such as working with staff to accomodate her and setting up a 504. How have other parents worked through this?

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here