Supplements that may trigger IBS-D? - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Supplements that may trigger IBS-D?

collagen inositol calcium tumeric

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 2FishCreative

2FishCreative

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:00 AM

Advertisement

Hi all,

I am new to the group, but not new to IBS-D. I've "suffered" for most of my life. When younger the trigger seemed to be related to stress and anxiety. Later triggers could be specific foods (even ones that previously did not bother me). I've tried many approaches and just when I think I've found the right formula I will have to deal with a particularly bad bout.

In order to deal with insomnia issues I researched natural supplements and started taking Calcium/magnesium not realizing that magnesium is a no-no for IBS-D sufferers! So now i'm just taking a Calcium citrate with D. Not sure yet if it's helping or hurting. I am also wondering about some other supplements- collagen with chondroitin & hyaluronic acid, choline & inositol. I was taking a probiotic, but after research on here switched to Primodophilus Reuteri and will be adding sacharomyces boulardii & MOS. My other question/concern is tumeric - helpful or not?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

#2 AIRPLANE

AIRPLANE

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:37 PM

I also was considering the S Boulardi with MOS as well. However, I know that in the past that prebiotics- which I think MOS is- usually make me feel worse. Think prebiotics are a lot like high Fodmaps. I have been taking natural antibiotics like Berberine, Allimed, others in an attempt to maybe clean things up before trying any more probiotics to see if it makes them and prebiotics more tolerable.

#3 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:10 AM

I am taking boulardii without MOS. Orthomolecular products brand. I don't know how good it is as I had no opportunity to compare it with others.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: collagen, inositol, calcium, tumeric

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here