Low stomach acid & betaine HCL (hydrochloride) - Page 2 - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Low stomach acid & betaine HCL (hydrochloride)

stomach acid HCL betaine hydrochloride ibs-c constipation digestion

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:55 PM

I started with peeled, seeded, cooked zucchini.

#22 tummyrumbles

tummyrumbles

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:54 PM

It makes it really hard if you have an aversion to vegetables. If you find a food disgusting and it makes you feel nauseous this will affect digestion. Fried potatoes and oven baked sweet potato chips are delicious in my view but high in starch and can cause gas but I think the important thing is to eat veges again even if they do cause gas. Are there no veges that you like the taste of? If we do something long enough we can convince ourselves of anything and it seems you've set up a really strong dislike of veges. Maybe you can turn this around by trying to be positive and telling yourself you really do need them. Maybe if you try some milder tasting veges and find that you start to go again this might change your perception of veges so they're no longer disgusting. Self-sabotage can be a factor too, where we tell ourselves that the things that can cure us are bad for us. If you do try starchy veges eat them very slowly and this should minimise a lot of gas. Are you able to take time off work / school if you need to?

My Wordpress blog: http://ibsnaturalcure.wordpress.com

#23 seahorse

seahorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

tummyrumbles - there are vegetables i like but even if I like the taste of them they dont seem to go down well, my body kinda rejects them. the only ones ive been ok with that i know of are corn and peas, but i cant eat peas now cause im FODMAP.

also I did laxatives yesterday and did complete evacuation but I still got LG.

#24 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:50 PM

What about zucchini?

#25 seahorse

seahorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:21 PM

What about zucchini?

ive never tried zucchini, will definately give it a go. =]

#26 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:28 PM

ive never tried zucchini, will definately give it a go. =]

Peeled, seeded and cooked. That's an important detail I forgot to mention.

#27 seahorse

seahorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:39 PM

Peeled, seeded and cooked. That's an important detail I forgot to mention.

cheers ^^ . i'll have to read a recipe and practise cause the only thing ive ever seeded is a pumpkin for halloween.

#28 Elyse J Meyer

Elyse J Meyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:55 PM

HI seahorse,

I'm just wondering...you said you noticed a reduction in bloating since you started taking the betaine HCL.  I too suffer from bloating but I also have these awful feelings too of after eating having the feeling of food just sitting there, idle, like it's just not being digested for a long time.   Did you ever get those feelings too or was it just a bloating feeling?

Please keep us posted on how things are/aren't improving with this betaine HCL. I'm interested in seeing if it does help, in any way, shape or form.  I think like most of us, even if something isn't a "cure-all", anything that can relieve just a few of the many many symptoms we have to endure could be beneficial.

Thanks.

#29 seahorse

seahorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:44 PM

HI seahorse,

I'm just wondering...you said you noticed a reduction in bloating since you started taking the betaine HCL.  I too suffer from bloating but I also have these awful feelings too of after eating having the feeling of food just sitting there, idle, like it's just not being digested for a long time.   Did you ever get those feelings too or was it just a bloating feeling?

Please keep us posted on how things are/aren't improving with this betaine HCL. I'm interested in seeing if it does help, in any way, shape or form.  I think like most of us, even if something isn't a "cure-all", anything that can relieve just a few of the many many symptoms we have to endure could be beneficial.

Thanks.

i had the same. I would get so bloated my belly would get round (im a slim person naturally) and it would hurt like it was expanding too much. since almost a week of taking the betaine HCL i don't get bloated like that anymore, I have however been eating smaller meals more regularly, but to be honest I think the HCL has made a huge significance so Id definately recommend it.

id definately make sure though that you take digestive enzymes with it as well. just before each meal I take vegetable based digestive enzymes with betaine HCL (+pepsin) , there is 324mg of betaine HCL and 50mg of Pepsin, calcium phosphate, microcrystalline celluslose, stearic acid and magnesium stearate in each tablet. I have no idea what pepsin is. but it's working, so im gonna keep taking it.

let me know how it goes for you if you decide to try it out. =]

• Elyse J Meyer likes this

#30 Elyse J Meyer

Elyse J Meyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

i had the same. I would get so bloated my belly would get round (im a slim person naturally) and it would hurt like it was expanding too much. since almost a week of taking the betaine HCL i don't get bloated like that anymore, I have however been eating smaller meals more regularly, but to be honest I think the HCL has made a huge significance so Id definately recommend it.

id definately make sure though that you take digestive enzymes with it as well. just before each meal I take vegetable based digestive enzymes with betaine HCL (+pepsin) , there is 324mg of betaine HCL and 50mg of Pepsin, calcium phosphate, microcrystalline celluslose, stearic acid and magnesium stearate in each tablet. I have no idea what pepsin is. but it's working, so im gonna keep taking it.

let me know how it goes for you if you decide to try it out. =]

Thanks, seahorse.  I've tried so many things with some good outcomes and some terrible outcomes, so anytime someone has a recommendation that's based on something they've been taking for at least a few weeks, I'll give it a shot.  Good luck and keep us posted on how it's going with the betaine HCL. 

Take care.

• seahorse likes this

#31 seahorse

seahorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

Thanks, seahorse.  I've tried so many things with some good outcomes and some terrible outcomes, so anytime someone has a recommendation that's based on something they've been taking for at least a few weeks, I'll give it a shot.  Good luck and keep us posted on how it's going with the betaine HCL. 

Take care.

cheers ^_^ , let me know to how it goes. ive only been taking it for just over a week now, but I'll let you know if anything changes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stomach, acid, HCL, betaine, hydrochloride, ibs-c, constipation, digestion

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here