New member Introduction - Page 2 - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

New member Introduction

Ibs-a ibs-c Bloating

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Nurse Josh

Nurse Josh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for the advice Annie. I have had horrible experiences with those stimulant laxatives, stomach flu symptoms incapacitate me for 24 hrs. Ive tried bisacodyl and others, so Id rather avoid if possible, they just cause massive diarrhea and cramping. I have another question on a specific issue of mine. When I do go for 1-2 hrs and feel mostly empty (like I lost 12 lbs) it's around lunch time when I'm done and I'm starving. But if I eat anything, even a banana, I start having gas and cramping like I'm moving all of the new empty space down! Is there something I can try eating or drinking prior to a meal that may remedy this hypermotility and decrease symptoms? I already take a digestive enzyme with lunch and multivitamin, but have the same issues.

#22 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13141 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

sorry--that problem you just described has me stumped.  you might want to post it on the general discussion board. a lot of people read that board and i imagine someone  there might have some ideas...wish i could help...

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ibs-a, ibs-c, Bloating

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here