diets that differ in their FODMAP content alter the colonic luminal microenvironment - IBS News, Media, Research Results, Discussion or Abstracts - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

diets that differ in their FODMAP content alter the colonic luminal microenvironment

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9154 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:23 AM

Advertisement

interesting article. i'm glad research is being done on all this. i've been wondering about this sort of thing.

it's a medscape article and you have to register to read it but registration is free and well worth the minute it takes to do it. medscape has a terrific gastro library.

"A low FODMAP (Fermentable Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides And Polyols) diet reduces symptoms of IBS, but reduction of potential prebiotic and fermentative effects might adversely affect the colonic microenvironment."

http://www.medscape....pal&uac=15603EK

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here