mesentric ischemia dont know where to start - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

mesentric ischemia dont know where to start

mesentric ischemia rectal bleeding

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nikpig

nikpig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:18 PM

Advertisement
I have been having attacks for the last four years which I as wel as the doctors thought was diverticulitis. My last attck was accompanied by severe rectal beeding and was rushed into hospital. Months on and after colonoscopy, barium meal and ct angiogram I have been diagnosed with mesentric ischaemia. I do have diverticulitis and during the colonoscopy it was found that I had ulcersin the bowel. It was said though that I do not have ulcerative colitis.
I have been put on a course of steroids , amyyltriptiline , apirin and codiene based pain killers. I am trying to find out more about this condition so I can manage the condition. I know if I get another acute attack it wil probably mean surgery so I want to prevent that if at all possible. I have had 6 months of work as I felt so ill and exhausted but I am about to return. Still have atacks of cramps.
Anybody out there living with this condition and has any advice please let me know how you cope.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mesentric ischemia, rectal bleeding

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here