Smaller dose of Linzess - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Smaller dose of Linzess

LINZESS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stan Budz

Stan Budz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:05 PM

Advertisement

has anyone ever tried taking half a 145mg capsule of LINZESS when beginning treatment.

just wondering if smarter to start small and build up over a few days.

I have difficulties with high dosages of any med initially and usually build up gradually. 

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12225 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:14 PM

HI and welcome to the board

on another board i read, a woman posted that she did that with linzess.  she bought empty capsules at a pharmacy and then split up the linzess capsule. and she liked the results. it worked better for her that.way.

but this is quite tricky to do for a couple reasons.  linzess is not a solid capsule--it's a lot of tiny little grainy pieces. so it's kind of hard to divvy up like this.

also--linzess is a very unstable med and adversely affected by humidity. it says this on the bottle.  opening the capsule like this runs the risk of compromising the medication's quality.

but i'd say it's worth a try. she got it to work for her this way.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here