Incomplete evacuation, mucus, weird BM pattern - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Incomplete evacuation, mucus, weird BM pattern

Mucus Alternating Gas Bloating Incomplete evacuation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 filo263

filo263

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:21 AM

Advertisement

Greetings,

It's very nice to find a community of understanding people, people who have been through the same things. Please excuse my English, I'm not a native speaker.

I am 25, about 181cm tall and 78kg. I've always been extremly active, until these problems appeared. I have never had any problems with constipation my entire life, until November last year. It had a psychological cause, I had someone staying at my apartment for about a week and I couldn't go (I have a mild case of shy bowel syndrome, but this never happened before). Things got bad, I went to the hospital and had multiple enemas and of course the famous Miralax administered. They also did enemas with Miralax. Nothing worked (as i was eliminating only water) except mineral oil, which helped me eliminate the waste gradually in a couple of days.

After that, nothing was ever the same. I used to go 2-3 times a day, no symptoms. Now I go 2-3-4 times in the morning, and it's a mushy Bristol 5-6. Sometimes the first stool is formed, but the second, third etc. are ALWAYS loose. I often feel incompletely evacuated. In the afternoon, I feel the need to go after I eat. Many times, I can't, and if I do..it's hard small stools or just translucid mucus. And of course, incomplete evacuation. And the evening I get pain and gas as well. I've also noticed that milk and dairy, which I used to eat in large amounts give me gas and bloating. I stoped eating them of course, but my symptoms barely improved.

How can I possibly have two large Bristol 5-6 in the morning and feel constipated in the afternoon/evening? Is it possible that those enema might have "pushed" some fecal matter into the small intestines, and i have SIBO as a result?

I am going to have a colonoscopy the following weeks, and I strongly belive they won't find anything structurally abnormal.

Thank you

#2 filo263

filo263

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:11 PM

anybody?

#3 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13064 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:28 PM

i'm sorry but i really can't answer your question about why you can go in the morning but have problems in the evening like you do. hopefully someone else here on the board can answer your questions.  

and of course i'm not a doctor but based on what i've read, i really don't think it's possible for an enema to push stool up into your small intestine. although your doctor would know for sure. 

if you think you do have SIBO, ask your doctor to test you for it.  

i do hope you have a good gastroenterologist who can answer your questions and who can help you with all this. 

good luck with everything.  hope you can find some relief.  

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#4 kals

kals

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

don't eat ramen noodles, good luck at the colonoscopy

#5 seahorse

seahorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:14 AM

i would try doing a natural herbal parasitic cleanse just in case. wormwood and black walnut.

#6 rewinj

rewinj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:34 PM

Old thread, but search turned it up today and I figured I should bump it for you. Sounds like you've done colorectal damage, i.e. damage to the pelvic floor. Consider doing pelvic floor exercises. Seek multiple opinions before agreeing to any surgery (the only real "fix" if that is truly your issue). Structural problems won't be found via colonoscopy, but may be found via defecography. Hope things have already improved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mucus, Alternating, Gas, Bloating, Incomplete evacuation

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here