IBS severe Diarrhea for 8 years, help? - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

IBS severe Diarrhea for 8 years, help?

IBS Diarrhea Irritable Bowel Syndrome Depression Help miserable cure manage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vjsingh8888

vjsingh8888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:01 AM

Advertisement

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum.

I am a 24 year old male suffering from IBS Diarrhoea from the past eight years. My life has become extremely miserable.

My average frequency of going to the loo per day is 10.

I have undergone treatment with more than 15 doctors ( Gastroenterologist & Psychotherapist ) and all of them have left me by saying it can't be cured you have to manage it and  live with it.

I have also tried Ayurvedic, Homeopathic and Naturopathic treatments which helped initially, however, the symptoms returned after few weeks.

Because of my illness, I had to dropout of college in my final year. I was unable to sit for 1-2 hour lectures and 3 hours examination without going to the loo multiple times. My anxiety and fear of embarrassing myself in front of my classmates made it worse for me.

Since I had to dropout of college and wasting four years of my life, I was highly depressed. Somehow I completed my graduation from a distance learning college( I only had to give exams- no classes). I got a job at a Multi National Company.  After  3 months, I had to quit my job because of this stupid illness. It became impossible to daily travel for 50km both sides and some days getting stuck in traffic. Working for long hour without using loo is also impossible for me.

I currently work as a freelance web developer , but getting work projects without leaving the house is very difficult.

Before my illness, I was happy person. I had good record at school and college, had lots friends, a girlfriend, used play lot of sport , hangout with friends. And now I just sit in my room whole for days, week and sometimes months.

I am not how to continue to live anymore or how to deal with it. Can someone help me?

#2 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:23 AM

Keep looking for your solution. You can read my old posts if you are looking for ideas. I tried several "remedies". Maybe one will work for you.

• vjsingh8888 likes this

#3 vjsingh8888

vjsingh8888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

Sure, I 'll go through your posts

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, Diarrhea, Irritable, Bowel, Syndrome, Depression, Help, miserable, cure, manage

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here