functional abdominal pain syndrome - Parent's discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

functional abdominal pain syndrome

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 smile4lina

smile4lina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:45 PM

Advertisement

Does anyone have a child with functional abdominal pain syndrome?  What is it like to live with the child?  Did you try almost everything from Miralex, to Yoga, to ct scans, and colonoscopy.  What meds are your child currently taking?  Thanks for sharing...  It is so hard to parent a child in pain almost every day.

#2 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:10 AM

There are many more things that can be tried beyond the ones you list. You can read my old posts to get some ideas. You can also prepare a list of everything you have tried so far and I can give you ideas.

#3 smile4lina

smile4lina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:30 PM

Does anyone have functional abdominal pain in this forum?  What is it like to live with it?

#4 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:37 AM

I have pain. And so far it seems to be "functional", in the sense that the docs cannot find an explanation for it. Yesterday I got my CT scan results and everything seems normal.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here