article on prucalopride clinical trials - IBS News, Media, Research Results, Discussion or Abstracts - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

article on prucalopride clinical trials

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kc99

kc99

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:14 PM

Advertisement

Sorry, at the risk of bombarding people with too many articles over the past few days (I've been spending way too much time web browsing):

Association between health-related quality of life and symptoms in patients with chronic constipation: an integrated analysis of three phase 3 trials of prucalopride

http://onlinelibrary....12505/abstract

This analyzes some of the clinical trials done in the US (looks like they were from a while back, 2008-2009).  At any rate, hopefully this article implies that people haven't forgotten about prucalopride since those years.

• annie7 likes this

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9283 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:03 AM

thanks!  

and oh no--no need to apologize!  lots of us here are hungry for all the info we can get on meds in the pipeline for constipation.   so thanks so much for sharing all your research with us. smile.png  

yes, i keep hoping prucalopride hasn't been shelved here in the usa.  recently i spent some time looking at clinical trials for prucalopride but, yes, liker you mentioned, they are mostly from 2008-2009.  it seems all the current/recent ones are being done in other countries.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 kc99

kc99

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:28 PM

2009 is a good while back -- 6 years now!    

There is that upcoming meeting where the FDA will seek patient input on functional GI drugs (the link has probably been posted before, but to re-post: http://www.fda.gov/F.../ucm430885.htm)

One would think a lot of patients would voice an interest in lower GI prokinetic drugs, be they prucalopride or whatever else. 

Beyond that it will be interesting to see what comes up at this May's DDW conference (whose website provided the previous vibrating pill link).

#4 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9283 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:11 AM

oh yes--2009 is way too long ago. that's why i've kind of given up hope.  

thanks for the link. i tried it but it came up "page not found".

oh yes--there's a big interest in lower GI prokinetic drugs. i keep reading articles about C meds in the pipeline and there's always this phrase about a "large unmet need".  there sure is. what many of us need, though, like you said,  is a good prokinetic --not the secretory meds like amitiza and linzess.  adding fluid to the colon does nothing for me.  i need the prokinetic "push" to get it out. 

and yes--i always look forward to DDW. hope springs eternal....fingers crossed..

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#5 kc99

kc99

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:27 PM

Hmm, sorry about that, not sure why the link didn't work.

This link lists all the patient meetings, and it might work:

http://www.fda.gov/f...e/ucm347317.htm

Otherwise, a person can go to the FDA's main webpage, click the News & Events link (towards the bottom), click on Meetings, Conferences, & Workshops, and then under "Meetings By Topic", click "Drugs".  The Functional GI meeting will show up in the list of upcoming meetings, along with a link for additional information.  Anyone can respond to the request for patient input, even if they are not registered for the meeting (it may be too late for registration).

#6 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9283 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:40 AM

thanks!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here