IBS Audio Program now an App - Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Hypnotherapy - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS Audio Program now an App

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cookies4marilyn

cookies4marilyn

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4565 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:56 AM

Advertisement
Sorry I haven't been around much, as I am recovering from breast cancer, but wanted to share this with sufferers.

The IBS Audio Program which has helped sufferers so much, many from this support group over the last 15 years or so, and they are no longer here as they are better, is now a really cheap app!!!

Here is the info on it : SoundsLikeIBS.com and let me know if you have any questions... I have had IBS for years ...my story in the links below... And this really helps the brain-gut connection

Here's a comment from our founder...

"SoundsLikeIBS App has captured the essence of a treatment plan that has been benefiting IBS sufferers for many years. The protocol was developed by Michael Mahoney, a Clinical Hypnotherapist who is widely seen as an expert in this field. The app now makes this treatment more accessible and affordable for more individuals. It is a modern approach which has clearly helped many individuals over many years. We strongly recommend this innovative treatment option to our members."

Jeffrey Roberts, Founder
IBS Self Help and Support Group
www.ibsgroup.org

#2 Knyttet

Knyttet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:22 PM

Thanks for posting this. I wish it would be available for android too. I'm thinking of trying the programme, but I'm very short of money due to not being able to work. So I have to think carefully about every purchase. But I feel the brain-gut approach is the way to go for me. I just feel a bit unclear about what this hypnosis programme involves. So is there one recording for 100 days or what? 

#3 cookies4marilyn

cookies4marilyn

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4565 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

The IBS Audio Program as the SoundsLikeIBS.com app has several sessions divided into steps. You listen to different sessions over the course of 100 days with some days off in between. This is called the OPSIM system, Ongoing Progressive Session Induction Method which is highly effective in addressing symptoms including anxiety and brain gut aspects. Full explanation of the process can be found on the website, with many videos and info graphics! Let me know if you have any questions once you have looked it over. The cost of the app is very cheap considering what the same protocol would cost for in person therapy, plus no travel! All the best to you... An Android version is planned, but at this time I don't know the time frame for that. So alternatively, you could do the MP3 version found on HealthyAudio.com and there many be a sale, :)

#4 Knyttet

Knyttet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:36 PM

thanks for your quick reply! I have my old iPhone still available, just charged it and checked that it worked. So maybe I should download the app on my iphone and listen to the recordings on that one. it's a lot cheaper than downloading the mp3 online. But is the content a lot shorter? Do I have a better chance of gaining the benefits of the programme if I download the whole thing online? Thanks again :) 

#5 cookies4marilyn

cookies4marilyn

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4565 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:06 PM

The content is the same, so no worries there! :)

#6 Knyttet

Knyttet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:43 AM

That's awesome! Maybe I'll download the app then :) I hope they will do the android version soon too. 

• cookies4marilyn likes this

#7 cookies4marilyn

cookies4marilyn

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4565 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:07 PM

The SoundsLikeIBS.com app uses the same tested protocol that has been successful with IBS patients since 1998 after several years trials ... It includes informational videos as well as the IBS Companion which helps explain the embarrassing condition to others. A great value used in the privacy and comfort of your own home! :)

#8 SteveE

SteveE

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:02 AM

This is cool to see this innovation Marilyn.  I hope you are doing well.  

Needless to say, I haven't been on the IBS Self Help site for a long time.  I've been extremely super insanely crazy busy with both work and play.  Either a flare-up or a virus this week put a temporary halt to all of that.    Maybe this inexpensive and convenient approach to Mike's program will help me bounce back from this one.

I've been able to deal with my flare-ups better in recent years--I think due to regular exercise, but I'm not sure.  I think the exercise has been a great path to the mind/body connection as well as an important stress reliever.  It would be preferable to avoid flare-ups altogether, though.

It has been a particularly stressful time at work in recent months, but there does seem to be a tummy virus going around, so who knows why I feel the way I do this week?!

#9 cookies4marilyn

cookies4marilyn

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4565 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:27 PM

Hi Steve, nice to read your post. Still playing the saxophone?

Yeah, I hear ya... It is hard to know what is IBS, a virus or just a digestive glitch as everyone gets from time to time.
Do consider the SoundsLikeIBS app... It really helps with stress and anxiety as well as the motility symptoms of IBS, and it's really cheap with many informational videos and symptom rating index, etc. Hope you are doing better... I am now one year after my breast cancer,,, hanging in there. Al the best to you Steve, Take care! :)

#10 kmurph42

kmurph42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:21 AM

Hi all - long time reader, first time poster. Thank you all for sharing your stories.

I am planning on completing the IBS Audio Program but just realized the app is not available in the United States? Has it ever been available outside the UK? I'd like to save a few dollars and use the app if possible. 

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here