A Randomized Trial of 5-Hydroxytryptamine4-Receptor Agonist, YKP10811, on Colonic Transit and Bowel Function in Functional Constipation - IBS News, Media, Research Results, Discussion or Abstracts - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

A Randomized Trial of 5-Hydroxytryptamine4-Receptor Agonist, YKP10811, on Colonic Transit and Bowel Function in Functional Constipation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kc99

kc99

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:16 PM

Advertisement

Another newer article -- found this one through the AGMD facebook page:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/25148765

It's not open access, so, the full article will only be available to those with access to an institutional or individual subscription.

AGMD originally cited this news blurb:

http://www.healio.co...al-constipation

This all sounded good until I got to the quote saying that "YKP10811 is likely to be of benefit to patients with functional constipation without rectal evacuation disorders."   I hope they're just being careful to avoid making claims about patient groups that were excluded, and not ruling out the possiblity that this might help people with rectal evacuation disorders. 

• annie7 likes this

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9283 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:55 AM

Thanks, kc.

it's good to know that there is finally a serotonin receptor agonist in the pipeline instead of all the prosecretory meds we've been seeing.  

i think they probably made that statement about evacuation disorders because, yes, patients with that problem were excluded--but also because it's so much more difficult for those of us with that problem--depending on the severity of it-- to get anything out at all or to fully evacuate even with the help of a medication.  in my case, zelnorm did not help me much although i thought it was better than nothing.

hopefully YKP10811 will make it through the pipeline fairly quickly.

• kc99 likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here