1st gallbladder removed, 2nd roundworm! Now constipated! help! - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

1st gallbladder removed, 2nd roundworm! Now constipated! help!

Constipation rib pain

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Elizabeth95

Elizabeth95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:02 PM

Advertisement
A year ago I went into the ER for knife stabbing pain under my right ribs. Had the hida scan and they said it was my gallbladder and they took it out. Dealt with diarrhea for a few months but started to feel better. Then back in the fall I noticed blood in my stool with a lot of mucus. I lost about 10 pounds. I ended up having blood work, colonoscopy, endoscope and 3 stool test. Everything came back fine. They said maybe I was stressed. Then a couple weeks later I went to the bathroom and passed a 5 inch long roundworm. Sorry to be graphic. Went back to the dr had another stool sample that still came back negative for parasites!!! My dr put me on medicine to kill the worms. I started feeling much better and even put some weight back on. However, in the last few weeks I feel horrible again. I am extremely constipated and I am now having pain under my left ribcage. I have no appetite and I have a lot of pressure under ribs. It feels like it is very tense and just needs to relax. Once I have a bowel movement it feels better. Does this sound like ibs-c? I am sick of feeling sick. It has been a year of stomach issues and I want to figure out what is wrong. Thanks

#2 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:08 AM

I don't know if its IBS. I suggest keep reading the forums and use the search function to find others in a similar situation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Constipation, rib pain

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here