Yellow Discharge/Mucus - IBS-D - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Yellow Discharge/Mucus - IBS-D

ibs-d mucus xifaxan abdominal pain yellow discharge nausea fatigue stress

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ys7

ys7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:49 AM

Advertisement

Hello fellow IBSers,

I suffer from IBS-D and SIBO and lately I have been getting a lot of yellow discharge from my rectum, both in slimy ("normal" stool) and watery form (when with diarrhea, and it's usually quite... let's say... explosive blush.png ). And sometimes it's all i pass.

I believe it's mucus and it hurts a lot - also makes me feel kinda nauseated and tired. Usually lose energy and weight too. No blood tho which is good.

Medications like Xifaxan help a lot but it quickly returns after the cycle finishes. Also my eating habits are extremely healthy (low fodmap, zero lactose), but since I do tons of physical exercise these bouts take a heavy toll on my day to day activities. 

Has anyone mastered the mucus monster? any tips would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

YS

#2 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:51 AM

Some keywords you can research: SCD, glutamine, boulardii

#3 theibslady

theibslady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:45 PM

Mucus is not technically a bad thing, it means your immune system is at work and there are white blood cells doing their job. You need to think about why this is happening and what is going on in your body. Is there a lot of inflammation that you need to heal. Have you had tests - colonoscopy, endoscopy etc?

You could be having bacterial 'die off' and detoxifying. The tiredness can come from this so you need to take it easy while your body heals. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs-d, mucus, xifaxan, abdominal pain, yellow discharge, nausea, fatigue, stress

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here