Issues - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Issues

IBS Colon Cancer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Deahl

Deahl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:12 AM

Advertisement

I've have always had some digestive issues, but recently I noticed an increase in gas/bloating, consipation, small stools, and some rectal bleeding.  Around 5 years ago I did have similar issues and had a colonoscopy and a endoscopy which showed a few polyps and the bleeding was from internal hemorrohoids.  I am 43 with no family history of colon cancer.  I am going to see a GI today and insist on another colonoscopy and a endoscopy. I went to my GP a few weeks ago and he wanted me to start a probiotic and take Miralax and if the issue did not go away in a few weeks to contact a GI (no bleeding then.) It's weird, I am feeling better today, but I am still going to insist on a colonoscopy and a endoscopy.  I guess what I am looking for is some statistics and experience sharing from experienced people of what I may be facing.

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, Colon Cancer

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here