What do I have? - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

What do I have?

ibs constipation Diarrhea cancer colon

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kawooster

Kawooster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:36 PM

Advertisement

I know people probably see a post like this several times a day, but I honestly need some help. About a month ago I started having cramps and was trying to pass stools more often than usual 4+ a day. I went to the doctors and it was passed off as Constipation, She gave me a laxative type thing which is mixed in liquid. Two days later I felt fine again, no more Constipation/Diarrhea and cramps were gone. A little less than a month later, I would say 3 weeks it all came back. Constipation/Diarrhea, cramps, bloating, gas, you name it. And now 2 days later, my bowel seems to have returned to normal again, except this time once I saw a very little bit of Bright pinkish red blood on the toilet paper and felt a slight burning sensation for an hour or so afterwards. It only happened once and hasn't happened since. I went back to the doctors, she recommended a blood test just to ease my mind, but she is 99% convinced I have IBS. Like many others who suffer I found out also make them self panic by thinking it's something worse like Colon Caner. I also have this thought and it's freaking me out, I do tend to worry about a lot of things and have GAD. My health always worries me, I'm 22 years old, Is it IBS or could it be something else? I had a blood test done and the doc said depending on those results, we will talk about a Colonoscopy to ease your mind. What should I do? thanks. I would also like to mention, I feel tired a lot of the time and feel like sleeping a lot. This could be related to GAD or constant worry, not sure if that changes anything, just thought I would mention it. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, constipation, Diarrhea, cancer, colon

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here