String like things on stool, mucus worms Candida? - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

String like things on stool, mucus worms Candida?

Candida worms mucus Worms Mucus Strands

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Murphy11lfc

Murphy11lfc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:32 AM

Advertisement
Hi, been suffering with ibs for 10 months now.
Almost always constipation but sometimes diarrhea.
so anyway now to the scary part.
every now and then after being constipated when I did eventually go I sometimes saw one or two long browny/white stringy things, I always forgot about them and decided in my head that they where just mucus.
so today I went after taking some movicol last night and when I looked at the stool they were covered in what I can only describe as worm like white strands that looked like string, about 7/8 inches long and white/yellowish.
there was about 15 of them.
I suffer with daily stomach pain.
PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THESE COULD BE, I DO NOT THINK THEY ARE ROPE WORMS.

#2 Pinskers

Pinskers

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

I had this for a while.  Do you have itching around the anus?  Are you losing a lot of weight?  If so, it's worms.  If not, probably mucus.  Scared me half to death because sometimes it does look like worms/corn silk, but usually it's just my intestines being a bit funky for a bit.

#3 Murphy11lfc

Murphy11lfc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:25 AM

I had this for a while.  Do you have itching around the anus?  Are you losing a lot of weight?  If so, it's worms.  If not, probably mucus.  Scared me half to death because sometimes it does look like worms/corn silk, but usually it's just my intestines being a bit funky for a bit.

Yeah i have lost quite a lot of weight, what type of worm though? I was aware threadworms are a lot smaller. A lot smaller.

#4 Pinskers

Pinskers

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:59 AM

Then it could be pinworms.  I'd check with your doctor, particularly since weight loss is a symptom of parasitic infection.  It's an easy fix, though, if it is, and nothing to be embarrassed about.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Candida worms mucus, Worms, Mucus, Strands

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here