HELP! Anyone take Linzess?! - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

HELP! Anyone take Linzess?!

linzess diarrhea help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kelseydiane31

kelseydiane31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:26 AM

Advertisement

Hi, I have IBS-M. I started taking Linzess just three days ago and I have had moderate diarrhea from the start. I have to work tomorrow and I am so nervous about how terrible it is going to be. I am wondering if this diarrhea will eventually go away or if it will stay and this is just a sign that I need to stop the medication. 

I am so upset and I do not know how much more I can take. 

any advice would be so helpful!! 

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12225 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:53 PM

some quick tips:

one of my gastros did some clinical trials on linzess and one of the things he found was that the longer you wait to take it before eating, the less of a D effect you'll have. he recommends people start trying it by taking it an hour before eating instead of a half hour before, as prescribed. and if D is still a problem,  you can adjust from there--we're all so different in how our bodies react to meds. some people have found that taking it before bedtime works--they take it then and go the next day, when they get up.

if you are on the 290 mcg dose, try the 145 mcg dose.  that might work better for you.

also--as others have said, it can take a while to normalize on linzess.  often people find that once they are on it for a week or so, the D stops and they just go normally.. 

since you have IBS-M....i don't know but maybe taking linzess might be a bit tricky for you, since you don't have straight C--you also have D.  so maybe it won't work for you because of that---don't know.   did your gastro doc after any suggestions?

hopefully someone else will post here.  in the meantime, we have a lot of linzess threads---lots of good advice on them. you can do a search to pull them up.

good luck with everything.   hope it works out for you.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 kelseydiane31

kelseydiane31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:26 PM

Thank you so much Annie!! I tried searching for threads on it but I had some trouble, but I will look again! After hearing about all the d is gives people I was surprised my gastro prescribed it to me but I guess she is hoping it will normalize me? Also I will try waiting longer before eating! Thank you for the tips, I REALLY appreciate it!

#4 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12225 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

sorry you had trouble finding threads.  

here's a link to one linzess thread and in this thread i posted some links to some other threads.

http://www.ibsgroup....ss#entry1020201

yes, i also am a bit surprised your gastro suggested it, considering you have IBS-M.....  puzzling... i supposed it could normalize you (?) ...worth a try for a short while a least--whatever you think.  your body will let you know...  

i just read your other post about IBS-M.  my problems have always been strictly chronic constipation, not ibs at all, so i'm  sorry i can't help you with that. a lot of people here do have IBS-A , the "A" standing for "alternating"--alternating D and C so that's another name for IBS-M.  so hopefully you'll get some responses.   or else read some of the   IBS - A posts..  good luck with everything...

• kelseydiane31 likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: linzess, diarrhea, help

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here