Intolerance to LEGUMES? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Intolerance to LEGUMES?

legumes intolerance ibs ibs-d gas acid reflux gerd brain fog eczema

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jlc41992

jlc41992

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:53 PM

Advertisement

I'm a 23 year old female in generally good health who has suffered from IBS for 3.5 years now. (My previous forum posts go into more detail, but I've gone through a variety of tests and diets, all have which shown me nothing but a lot of vitamin deficiencies.)

I have begun the Low FODMAPS diet over the course of the last few days, and it has already proven to be very interesting.  I can't believe that I'm coming to this conclusion, but I genuinely think I may be intolerant to legumes of all things.

I already know that I'm dairy intolerant (to things like ricotta, parmesan, straight milk, etc.) and have been avoiding those at all costs. But yesterday night I had gluten and dairy free pad thai with some friends. A few hours later, I had incredible diarrhea. Pad Thai is obviously covered in peanut sauce and peanuts, so it really got me thinking about legumes. A few examples....

-Whenever I eat tacos or burritos, I get either really bad gas or brain fog and exhaustion. Like i sometimes slip into a deep sleep right after I eat. There are obviously beans in both of these things.

-Whenever I have mixed vegetables for dinner (the frozen kind) I get excessive gas. There are always soy beans in these mixes.

-Just this morning, I had peanut butter on my gluten-free waffles and I'm noticing how poorly I am reacting. I already have awful gas, and my skin is horrendously itchy. I also slept for over 9 hours last night, and feel as if I could go right back to bed.

I would really love some feedback on this. What does everyone think? Am I just crazy or are legumes legitimate intolerances? I am honestly so excited that I may have pinpointed an issue. Thank you for all responses!!!

#2 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:37 AM

Legumes are common offenders. They are difficult to digest.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: legumes, intolerance, ibs, ibs-d, gas, acid reflux, gerd, brain fog, eczema

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here