How do people deal with IBS?! - Young Adult's Issues - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

How do people deal with IBS?!

IBS D FODMAP Suicidal ADVICE

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Evening.coffee

Evening.coffee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:54 PM

Advertisement
literally on the verge of giving up. I thought I was getting somewhere but then all of my IBS symptoms just pop out of no where and I'm back at square one. I'm really fed up. Nothing seems to work. The doctors just seem to give me another tablet after tablet but I don't know how long I can out up with this.. Is this for life? I can't go on like this. Someone help please ;(

#2 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:16 PM

I know how hard it is to deal with. Unfortunately, what I learned over the years is that you really have to take things into your own hands. Not until I started finding the drs I thought would work best, or requesting certain test did thing's start moving ib the right direction (8 years later!). Try and stay positive.. i know its so hard when you feel so crappy. We are all here for you!

#3 anonymousgyrl

anonymousgyrl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:13 PM

I know how hard it is to deal with. Unfortunately, what I learned over the years is that you really have to take things into your own hands. Not until I started finding the drs I thought would work best, or requesting certain test did thing's start moving ib the right direction (8 years later!). Try and stay positive.. i know its so hard when you feel so crappy. We are all here for you!

What type of certain tests did you request?

#4 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:42 PM

the breath test for SIBO, stomach emptying test,sitz marker and blood test to test for anything they could! I had to go to different drs that agreed to do them but it was worth it.

#5 awaitressnolonger

awaitressnolonger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:16 PM

What did they find with those tests besides that you had IBS?

#6 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:22 PM

That I also have sibo, gastroparesis and recurrent rectal prolapse (that was found by a gi Dr examination on a commode). All little pieces to a very big puzzle!

#7 awaitressnolonger

awaitressnolonger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:21 PM

I'm so happy they found more stuff. My biggest worry is I'm doing all this testing and nothing will come up. Have they been able to tailor treatments at all to help your pain?

#8 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:25 AM

Well, no. It's actually interesting.. i felt the same way as you before I just wanted some sort of dx to put a name to my issues. But now that i have it it almost makes things more complicated. I'm now at a point that helping one issue makes something else worse, and haven't found a dr i even trust because I've seen so many bad ones or ones that just don't know how to help me. So, I more or less am just taking it day by day and doing the best i can.

#9 awaitressnolonger

awaitressnolonger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

Yeah, I feel like having multiple things makes it difficult to figure out which one is the main one and which are symptoms. I'm diagnosed with IBS-C, but I got almost everyday at 10:30 AM and have type 4 on the bristol chart. I just have a ton of abdominal pain and almost gastritis like symptoms. It blows that the stomach is such a mysterious zone to doctors.

#10 dlind70

dlind70

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:22 AM

start with eating more food in time.  nuts and fruit in the morning to alkalize and other protein during midday meal to acidify. For the night meal, try shredded carrots and olives or butter.  Protein w nitrogen are ideal combined with food with natural sugars (example hamburger w/ kiwi or tomatoes)  (beans and molasses) at the same meal.  Forget all you've learned about food combining.  IB issues I believe are more stress and timing related.

A balance in eating is needed (back n forth between alkaline and acid).  Apple cider or the raw vinegar can help with pain.  I can go into more detail on my eating plan, PM me if needed.

Also do some gardening or walk on the earth barefoot.  Your body loves soil and new dirt to deal with.  These things do help me with stress and digestion.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS D, FODMAP, Suicidal, ADVICE

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here