Accidents - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Accidents

Accidents

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bargranny3

bargranny3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:24 AM

Advertisement

Does anyone else have accidents?  I don't care how close to a bathroom I am, I'm not close enough.  I'm afraid to go anywhere, I can't go out to eat, I've had accidents at work and had to go home and change clothes before.  I haven't found any one food that triggers these incidents and my doctor has given me medicine to calm my stomach but it makes me so sleepy I can't take it and work.

Help!!

#2 lmnlover

lmnlover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:44 AM

Yup, I find myself pretty much having to stay home all of the time. Missing out on outings with friends because I am too afraid I will get sick. My friends love to go out to eat and I always have to make an excuse as to why I can not go. Road trips are another thing I use to be into, but now I can not even go far from home. Very depressing.

#3 peaches41

peaches41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:57 AM

Same here, I can't be more that a few feet from a toilet to feel safe. What a life!

#4 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:41 PM

I don't have d, but c with fecal incontinence. I can't even tell until I smell it (so gross and embarrassing). My trigger for incontinence is fiber!

#5 lmnlover

lmnlover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:53 PM

I wish we all lived close so we could atleast have someone to hang out with who understood and would not have to make excuses!!

• I can't stop pooping likes this

#6 I can't stop pooping

I can't stop pooping

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:15 AM

I used to have the same problem, only with me, i have very extreme ocd, and my ibs was VERY bad, so it didn't just get in my pants.. it was all over the bathroom, And then with my ocd, i would have to shower for hours and still not feel clean for days... I found something that really helps me though, it's called questran, it's this weird powder you put in water, it tastes kinda orangey and feels like sand, but it works!! If you haven't already tried it, do it! Give it a week or 2 to fully work, and be done with ibs! Plus it doesn't make you sleepy. I hope it helps you!

#7 indigoshade022

indigoshade022

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:56 AM

Almost had one when I was in a car. If I hadn't concentrated and squeezed my "lower" muscles, I would've created a mess. My panic comes from that almost-accident. I would have ruined a car forever and never left the house again. 

#8 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:27 PM

That is a very scary thought, indigo. If you tend to get the urge in the car often, you could put a towel (blanket or whatever) on your seat as a backup.. just in case. Maybe the extra protection will ease the anxiety a bit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accidents

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here