What is wrong with my abdomen and stools? Tired of being sick. - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

What is wrong with my abdomen and stools? Tired of being sick.

diarrhea ibs colon splenic

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aaronjkim2

aaronjkim2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:15 PM

Advertisement

Hi Everyone, 

I'm new to this forum and wanted to see if anyone could provide me with advice or personal experience with my symptoms. I recently turned 27 and have experienced abdominal pain and changes in my bowel movements. I do not have any cancer running in my family. 

A few months ago, I was having a lot of indigestion, burping, as well as pain under my left rib cage. My stool movement back then was normal, so I decided to get an endoscopy done. Everything was normal except that I had excess acid. Blood tests were normal other than vitamin D deficiency, urine test was okay, ultrasound didn't reveal anything, and I also had a barium swallow which revealed moderate amounts of acid reflux that resulted in esophagitis. I was given medication to heal my esophagus and to treat my GERD. As far as medication, I don't think it really helps with my acid. 

About a month ago, I started noticing a change in my bowel movements. I was constipated for a bit, but now my stools are a lot looser, thin, and even "feathery" and has been like this for a couple weeks. My main concern is pain under my left rib cage which makes bubbly noises and sometimes results in my passing gas when I apply pressure to that area. Sometimes, it feels better after I've had a bowel movement. I've noticed that if I eat certain vegetables/salads, I can still see undigested pieces when I have my bowel movement. I also occasionally notice mucous on my loose stools. I've read that my symptoms can be IBS near the splenic flexure, but I'm not sure. Are my symptoms classic of IBS or do you think this is a more underlying serious condition? I do not have any blood in my stools. Also, I do have some hemorrhoids occasionally when I have bowel movements, and at times, my rectum/anus feels as if it's open/uncomfortable. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#2 aaronjkim2

aaronjkim2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:09 PM

Stool test was also normal.

#3 aaronjkim2

aaronjkim2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:41 AM

Bump

#4 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:05 AM

Keep reading the forums and try the different remedies that are discussed: low fodmaps, psyllium husks, home made fermented foods, scd/gaps, etc.

#5 dlind70

dlind70

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:45 AM

you may have a liver problem.  hemorrhoid symptoms is classic liver problem. Take this tonic to do a liver cleanse 7:00-9:00 am.  8 oz breawed Coffee, raw cacao paste/powder tsp, grade b maple syrup tsp.  If you can handle getting up at 1:00 am,  1:00 am is actually the cleaning liver hour.  Take this tonic at 1:00 am if you can handle a major cleanse.  Drink more fluids afterwards.  

#6 hhimayy

hhimayy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:09 PM

I pretty much have the exact same symptoms as you. I started with change in bowel movements. I never thought of using the term feather but a lot of the time that's exactly what they look like and I was going more often with thinner movements. I used to only get the left side pain every few weeks but now it's eveeyday. I told me GI doc about the undigested food? Do you get dark spots in your stool sometimes? I noticed them after eating leafy vegetables or bananas. My doc ran a test for SIBO and I'm waiting to hear back on the results.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diarrhea, ibs, colon, splenic

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here