Dr. Ramesh Sawhney MD - Abdominal Pain - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Dr. Ramesh Sawhney MD

pain doctor new york nyc

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 twonK

twonK

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

Advertisement

Hi,

has anyone seen this guy for pain?  He's based in NYC but AFAICT he travels a hell of a lot (Hawaii, West Coast for example).  I randomly picked him from zocdoc and he immediately vowed to make me 80 - 100% pain free.  Quite the claim.  To be fair, in the space of a few weeks he's tried:

• marinol - I'd say it's 20-40% effective.  Side effects (tiredness, munchies, cognitive impairment) vary wildly which makes it difficult to work with somewhat.
  • injection of his own concoction - I turned up and within 5 mins he'd jabbed me in the back with his own special preparation...!  I can't remember all the ingredients but it had various NSAIDs and ketamine.  It had no effect other than to get me so high that I couldn't stand up for 2 hours.
  • tumeric - haven't tried it yet.
  • Botox - got it administered (again, jabbed in the lower back) yesterday morning.  Too early to tell.

Just curious if anyone else out there has been treated by him.  Here's some info (note the huffpo article in particular): 

Cheers, Pete

Meds: Provigil, Lexapro, Wellbutrin, others

Current: IBS-C, OCD, Refractory Depression for 20+ years

Fixed: Hydronephrosis, Bilateral compartment syndrome

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pain doctor, new york, nyc

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here