IBS or Colon cancer? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS or Colon cancer?

ibs colon cancer stomach issues constipation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sparty57

Sparty57

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:53 PM

Advertisement

Hello, 

30 yr old male here, I've been having constipation and odd bowels and right and left ABD ache for 1 month.  I also have had this right upper chronic ache near my ribs, I don't know if it's related or such.  I haven't been eating well and such and drink a lot of beer in the past but have slowed down a bit, I went to the ER due to it was getting worse and I felt so worried.  Long story short blood work came back all good and organ function all good, they gave me a CT scan of my lower area and DR said all was clear.  I don't understand what could be causing all this!? My grandma died from colon cancer and I'm worried about having it, DR told me all looks fine and to follow up with DR for colon check and such, I get bloated and such with aches and pains, no vomiting, my bowel moments have been a lot less and when i do go it's hardly anything.  I'm passing one a day with little amount, usually is oddly shaped or watery, in the past i'd always go when I ate food like right after, now its completely changed, I'm hoping this sounds like IBS or such... I've been under tons of stress lately and tend to worry ALOT!! Don't know if this could be related, any advice would be helpful!!!! 

#2 dlind70

dlind70

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

you need to start yawning while stretching at the same time to reduce stress.  Say the colors in order and yawn after each one.  If you fake yawn its good too and if your eyes water thats great (this means pressure is releasing) This may sound like hooey but it helps me too deal with life as it changes. RED ORANGE YELLOW GREEN BLUE INDIGO VIOLET WHITE BLACK GREY BROWN CLEAR

Take this tonic to help the intestines 1 cup cooked tomato juice plus tsp of molasses.  Take it at 12:00 noon and eat some sunflower seeds too.  Someone tells me that these seeds help greatly when dealing with heart break.

• Sparty57 likes this

#3 Little Hedgehog

Little Hedgehog

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:21 AM

First of all, you are quite young to have colon cancer. Unless there's a genetic predisposition in your family, like it's in my case, you're highly unlikely to develop colon cancer before the age of 55-60.

Your grandma, I suppose, was around that age when she contracted it?

Constipation and all that stuff could be just IBS. I have gas 24/7 and sometimes it's so bad I walk hunched over from the pain.

If you're really concerned, I would request your doctor does a stool test to see if there's any blood in there. It's what I did and it eased my mind. I really don't think anything's wrong with you, but a doctor will be better to reassure you :-)

• Sparty57 and Patrick ibs c like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, colon cancer, stomach issues, constipation

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here