IBS-D help? - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS-D help?

Ibs-D advice help doctor anxiety school stress

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _R_M_L_

_R_M_L_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:20 AM

Advertisement
So I've just signed up to this in hope that it will help me. I'm not actually sure if I have IBS because I haven't been to the doctor, as going to the doctor is something I fear quite a bit which is a bit weird really. So whenever I get stressed and nervous I get D (I noticed you guys call it D and I don't like the word very much), I'm pretty young (still a teen in school) so it's probably weird that I've signed up to here, but I just need some advice. The D usually happens when I'm at school or before school, but I'm usually fine and back to normal by the time it comes to 11:00? I'm not the type of person who has relationships with people so would tell somebody about this, as I suffer from social anxiety and selective mutism, so I don't really talk to people a lot, including family and friends, which sucks. But I find talking about problems on the internet to people who understands helps, so I guess here I am. I don't really know what to do about it, and I'm not sure if it is IBS, but I definitely don't want this to carry on like it is, this year is the last year of school for me so that means lots of exams, which will probably flare it up. Is there somehow a way I can control it without having to see a doctor and spill my problems out to someone I don't know?

#2 Lorelei56

Lorelei56

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

Please see a Gastro doc to make sure nothing awful is going on.  Write down your symptoms beforehand and any questions you may have.  Also, check out the FODMAP list on this site - foods on this list may be triggers for many people.  I know it's hard for you to communicate verbally - maybe you can text him in the exam room instead of speaking?

• _R_M_L_ likes this

#3 dlind70

dlind70

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:20 PM

I would eat some almonds to control it.  Soak raw almonds in the fridge for 24-72 hrs.  Eat one for every ten pounds of your body weight.  Eat them first thing for breakfast around 7:00 am.  You can eat any fruit you like with them too.

• _R_M_L_ likes this

#4 _R_M_L_

_R_M_L_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:37 AM

Thank you both for replying, I'll try the almonds for a while see if that does any good but if not I'll see a doctor

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ibs-D, advice, help, doctor, anxiety, school, stress

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here