Lightheadedness, weakness and IBS cramping - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Lightheadedness, weakness and IBS cramping

lightheaded weak tremors vasovagal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Littlebusrogy

Littlebusrogy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:23 AM

Advertisement

Hi all, I'm new here. I registered when I was led to this forum by google after searching for IBS + weakness or lightheadedness or tremors. I was surprised and somewhat relieved to find topics from people with similar symptoms. I then found somebody's blog where they described what they think is causing those symptoms in someone with IBS (something to do with the vagus nerve communicating with the gut and  causing a vasovagal) This does sound like it could explain my problem.

Basically, I didn't use to have IBS when I was younger but my dad does so I guess it's likely that my current issues are IBS (I've had a battery of medical tests that showed no major disease). but I find that whenever I have cramping it lasts a few days and then goes away on its own. But unfortunately lately when I have cramping I also get this lightheadedness and weakness where my limbs will vibrate. Whether this is the vagus nerve response to the abdominal discomfort, I don't know though it does sound plausible.

Has anybody had these issues? What do you do to recover? is a liquid diet  a good idea in order to get rid of the gut inflammation and hopefully the lightheadedness? I will see a doctor if I can get an appointment. I'm just trying to figure out what to do in the meantime.

Have a great day everyone  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lightheaded, weak, tremors, vasovagal

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here