Pressure - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Pressure

perineum constipation blockage anus rectum stool abscess hemorrhoids bowel movement incomplete evacuation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 anonymousgyrl

anonymousgyrl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:55 PM

Advertisement

When I have a bowel movement, I have to push. I feel some type of lump or sore on/in my anus. Though I don't know whether if it is stool. I don't  really think it is stool, because when my stool comes out, the little lump feeling is still there. It makes me feel like I am constipated, and incomplete. It feels like a little sting when I have my bowel movement sometimes. However, I don't really feel the lump/sting when I wipe. I had a digital rectal exam in August, and the doctor said everything was fine, but why do I feel this way?

I feel a little pressure in my perenieum. Whether if I touch it or not, it makes me feel like I can go poop. What is it? This little lump pressure feeling cannot be seen with a mirror; I have to touch it, then I feel it.

#2 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

A good way to see what's going on while having a bm is used a phone with camera (if available) put it in selfie mode and put it down so you can see what's going on (yes, while your on toilet!). This helped me find out if had rectal prolapse. Hope this helps!

#3 anonymousgyrl

anonymousgyrl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:48 PM

A good way to see what's going on while having a bm is used a phone with camera (if available) put it in selfie mode and put it down so you can see what's going on (yes, while your on toilet!). This helped me find out if had rectal prolapse. Hope this helps!

Hello, even if my doctor did the digital rectal exam; could she have missed something? I know the rectum stores feces, but what about the perineum?

#4 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9504 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:47 PM

i suppose it could be that you have a rectocele.  the test to diagnose that is a defecatory procotogram (defecogram).

here is some info on rectoceles--there is more online. stool can often get caught in a rectocele. often women with a rectocele will do a procedure called splinting (see below) which involves pushing on the perineum to get stool out.

rectocele:

"  ... symptoms may include:  difficulty with evacuation during a bowel movement and the need to press against the back wall of the vagina and/or space between the rectum and the vagina (perineal body) in order to have a bowel movement. "

https://www.fascrs.o...ded-information

splinting:

http://medicine.umic...s/splinting.pdf

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#5 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:50 PM

I am not sure.. but I agree with annie. A defecogram is probably a good next step.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: perineum, constipation, blockage, anus, rectum, stool, abscess, hemorrhoids, bowel movement, incomplete evacuation

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here