Could this be IBS-d? - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

Could this be IBS-d?

bloating yellow stool upper back pain burning after bowel movement

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Maltese

Maltese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:25 AM

Advertisement

Hello All!  First post here and I will try not to write a book.

I am a 61-year-old woman who began to experience bowel urgency and frequency mostly after menopause.  Two years ago I had my gallbladder removed due to sludge and have had diarrhea or frequency on and off ever since.  I have mainly used Metamucial and Tums to combat the issue but have not been careful with my diet other than to avoid highly processed and fried foods. I have tried Bentyl in the past to no avail. My frequency issues are worse in the morning but generally ease up after noon. I took an early retirement from work in order to relax and hopefully travel more but the latter hasn't happened as something always seems to come up.   I take no prescription maintenance drugs and my only known medical issue is the need to lose 40 pounds.

This past Feb. I fell on the ice and dislocated my shoulder.  Instead of taking the prescribed opioids I thought it better to use Nsaids.  I continued on two baby aspirin daily as I read that aspirin could possibly reduce the incidence of colon CA (my Mom died of it).  Two week-ends ago I went out of town to a wedding and had wine on a Friday and then 2 gin and tonics on Sat.  On Sunday I experienced for the first time ever painful bloating in my upper abdomen after eating, upper back pain and yellow stool.  I have seen my PCP who suspects gastritis and put me on a PPI and also carafate.  The carafate helps a lot with the bloating.  I have not had any gerd or burping or nausea or vomiting or fever.  My blood work was good with the exception of a slightly high ALT enzyme but I know I do have slight fatty liver.

I see a university-affiliated gastro doc on Friday (who specializes in women's digestive disorders) and I am wondering what to expect.  What questions should I ask? What tests should be done to try to pinpoint the cause of this latest misery?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any input from your collective wisdom.   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bloating, yellow stool, upper back pain, burning after bowel movement

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here