Newly Diagnosed needing help.. - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Newly Diagnosed needing help..

IBS IBS-A IBS - C Doctors PSO Advice new diagnosis help please flare ups weight loss

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zoe May Fildes

Zoe May Fildes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:52 PM

Advertisement

Hello, 

I am a 20 year old female from England. I was diagnosed with IBS about 1 year ago, it felt like the doctor just gave up on my symptoms and decided to just go with IBS. I get bad abdominal pain and other symptoms that suggest PSO however i was tested and that was not the case so the dr said it will be IBS.

I never had that bad flare ups until recently when my diet changed dramatically from unhealthy fatty foods to healthy veg and fruit still some unhealthy but more of a balance. Long story short 3 stone weight loss but new stronger flare ups. I am still a little of my target weight but now i am in a heathy BMI range for the 1st time i can remember. Any ideas how I establish flares up? What i do during a flare up?

It has nothing to do with stress or anxiety as I don't struggle with these, a lot if the advice is how to handle stress related IBS and i need some that is based on what i eat and drink.

For the next 2 weeks i am cutting out coffee and carbonated drinks eg. Pepsi or &UP.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank You in advance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, IBS-A, IBS - C, Doctors, PSO, Advice, new diagnosis, help please, flare ups, weight loss

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here