Does anyone experience this - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Does anyone experience this

gas flatulence abdominal discomfort stool poop constipation diarrhea feces rectum anus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anonymousgyrl

anonymousgyrl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:40 PM

Advertisement

Every morning, I feel the urge to have a bowel movement. This morning I felt the urge and thought my stool would just come out without me having to push so much. However, my stool did not come out; all I did was pass gas. I went back to sleep. Even with me passing gas seems like a struggle because I feel it gets trapped in the anus; I have to push for it and then the gas comes out. I also feel that my stool gets trapped in a certain pouch down there. I have pressure down in my anus/rectum/perineum area. Making it difficult to know if I am finished pooping. Usually, I feel incomplete bowel movements and I do have to go again. But like this morning, if I have the urge to go, sometimes nothing comes out. It also really doesn't matter if my stool is soft like applesauce or formed like a lipstick tube; I usually have to push, and the pressure I feel in my anus/rectum/perineum area is still there.

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9504 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:56 PM

i don't have this problem but from how you are describing it--stool going down into a pouch--it really does sound like you could have a rectocele like i mentioned in one of your other posts.

i do hope you can get in to see a good gastro doc (or colorectal surgeon or ob/gyn)  soon and get tested (defecography) to see what's going on down there.

my defecogram showed--much to my surprise--that i have a moderately sized rectocele.  i never even knew i had it because it's never given me any problems for some reason.

take care. hope you can find some relief.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 anonymousgyrl

anonymousgyrl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:10 PM

i don't have this problem but from how you are describing it--stool going down into a pouch--it really does sound like you could have a rectocele like i mentioned in one of your other posts.

i do hope you can get in to see a good gastro doc (or colorectal surgeon or ob/gyn)  soon and get tested (defecography) to see what's going on down there.

my defecogram showed--much to my surprise--that i have a moderately sized rectocele.  i never even knew i had it because it's never given me any problems for some reason.

take care. hope you can find some relief.

Thanks...as of 2015 how is your rectocele like?

#4 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9504 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:37 AM

i've never had any problems from it but that's me. we're all different.  but i've never felt a lump in there or that stool was collecting in there or anything like that.  mine is asymptomatic--sometimes they are.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gas, flatulence, abdominal discomfort, stool, poop, constipation, diarrhea, feces, rectum, anus

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here