HELP? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

HELP?

bacterial overgrowth ibs c.diff life sucks

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AA93

AA93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:21 PM

Advertisement

Hi I am a 21 year old male in NYC.

to give you quick recap

18-traveled to south america, got infection given antibiotics then c.diff after

given flagyl

came back 6 months later

then given vancomycin

19 still had issues, diarrhea,gas,pain, flare ups,

20- finally diagnose with IBS

tried every probiotic from here to the moon and back...no real help.

21- diagnosed with SIBO, given xifaxin...didn't do anything, actually made me feel worse..

and now just recently i was still diagnosed with SIBO so my GI gave me metronidazole...and my stomach is in shambles, my gas and stool smell so bad..like you need a hazmat suit to be near them, also i'm in a lot of pain, should i be taking a probiotic with metronidazole? I'm already dairy free and pretty much gluten free.

if anyone can help me out here I'd really appreciate some advice/support , I also take off to Paris tomorrow night so i don't know how i'll do in another country?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bacterial overgrowth, ibs, c.diff, life sucks

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here