Explanation of symptoms in the afternoon - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Explanation of symptoms in the afternoon

Flatulence Gas Bacteria SIBO Afternoon Evening

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ihaveadream

ihaveadream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:15 PM

Advertisement

Hey guys,

what do you think about following idea:

My problems appear mainly after lunch. (A lot(!) of smelly farts) And in the afternoon and in the evening its getting worse. In the morning its really much better.

My explanation to this are two following possibilites:

1. I suffer from SIBO. Over the night, the bacteria have not much to eat and become decreased. In the morning they get their first meal and are growing slowly until they are a lot about noon. And then problems occur increased till the night.

2. My small intestine is okay. But in the large intestine there are bad bacteria. So when I take breakfast it takes hours till the meal reachs the colon. And then its noon and problems occur.

What do you think about that?

Thanks for discussing ;)

#2 Noodles87

Noodles87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

Both sound pausible. as its farts I would start with the large intestine, unless u have other symptoms that indicate sibo?

#3 ihaveadream

ihaveadream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:14 AM

I really just have severe flatulences and severe bloating.

What else would be typically for SIBO? I dont have diarrhea or constipation.

Thank you =)

#4 Noodles87

Noodles87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:25 AM

Burping and acid reflux are typical sibo aswell- more of a sign that the small intestine is affected. But flatulence and bloating can be aswell.

In either instance it's down to some form of bacterial dysbiosis that needs correcting.

Have you tried anything so far or is this the beginning of looking into it?

Have you checked if it's an issue with a particular food?

#5 ihaveadream

ihaveadream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:29 PM

Thx for the answer.
I tried a few things. And I'm sure that it is no special food causing this problems. All began 3 years ago when I had an infection with severe diarrhea and vomitting. 1 month later it began with severe flatulences. A low fodmap diet and eating the half helps me to get through the day. I am trying probiotics, but it didnt helps yet. The Best therapy I think is FMT. But I dont have tried it yet because of no donor. But I wann to try enema with probiotics. Maybe it will help.

#6 Noodles87

Noodles87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:36 PM

Oh yes that sounds like post infectious ibs.

And I agree, my current research leads me to believe Fmt is the best treatment for post infectious ibs.
I'm currently trying it myself and so far the signs are good.

Enema with probiotics sounds interesting, it's similar to Fmt I suppose, just with less diversity may not necessarily take home in the intestine?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flatulence, Gas, Bacteria, SIBO, Afternoon, Evening

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here