pain in oblique and lower back muscles anyone? Tests?? - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

pain in oblique and lower back muscles anyone? Tests??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 07:34 PM

Advertisement
Hi there,I am hoping someone can help me. I experience throbbing/acheing pain in my oblique muscles (just slightly above my hip) and around to the lower back and sometimes into the gluteul muscle (the butt!). I get this daily and it doesn't seem to matter if I eat or don't eat and nothing has relieved it so far. I also have GI problems, including constant bloating. I don't know if the bloating is stressing my muscles so much that they ache/throb now, or whether something else is going on. Can anyone shed some light on this that has experienced the same thing? What tests should I get my doctor to do to rule out anything more serious? Not that I am a hypochondriac or anything, but I would be kicking myself if I wrote this off to bloating, when it was something more serious. I have been dealing with this pain daily for over 8 months now. Many thanks for any assistance anyone can provide!

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 28 February 2002 - 12:02 PM

Not sure what tests would be needed, but I would bring this up with the doctor to make sure you haven't hurt your hip (and the pain is radiating out) or pinched a nerve or pulled a muscle.The abdominal muscles get used all the time so it is harder for them to heal up (I pulled a muscle between two ribs and that also takes forever...would have been fine if I just didn't breathe for 3-4 days to rest it Posted Image )K.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 February 2002 - 01:20 PM

hey there....I too have been suffering from back pain for almost a year now. It was very puzzling tomy doctor however, as he said it wasn't related to IBS. I stronly disagree! I have so muchgass on a daily basis I don't know what else could be causing my back to ache... I can actually feel the gas as it passes in my lower intestine! My doctor blamed my back pain onpoor posture and sitting at the computer and then sent me to a physical therapist. Thing Ireally need is to be able to get rid of this never ending gas! I certainly feel for ya... Hang in there!!! I do believe excersize has helped out to some degree. Posted Image

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 March 2002 - 01:35 PM

HI, I get pain in the same place, and it is acute when I have blocked gas in the sigmoid colon...when I pass the gas, the pain is relieved some. I think your Dr. is wrong...this is definately an IBS related symptom. harmie Posted Image

#5 andy6791

andy6791

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:42 PM

any news on this post as i get it to

#6 India

India

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:03 PM

I have the same thing for 6 months now 😐

#7 mrcasual

mrcasual

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:39 PM

The back pain might be due to the bloating. Do you have any abdominal pain? Especially in the lower right abdomen?

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here