IBS and Sex - Young Adult's Issues - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS and Sex

sex back pain pain

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fldee

fldee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

Advertisement

I know a lot of people here mention that they get frontal abdominal pain during/after sex, but does anyone get back pain during? I get really bad gas pains in my lower back and sides and whenever I haven't gone in a couple days or feel bloated I get bad bad back pain that feels like gas and only at a certain depth (I'm female). Could this be because of sensitive intestines and the closeness of everything in there? I've had a vaginal ultrasound and showed no cysts and am on birth control, so I'm skeptical of it being gyn related. I've just never seen anyone report back cramping pain during sex, it's usually in the front. 

#2 dlqc

dlqc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:32 AM

Sorry I cannot answer your question. For me there is some correlation between the severity of the symptom and sex. After I have sex, my constipation/incomplete evacuation becomes more serious in the next few days. Whenever I do not have sex for some time, my symptoms become much less bothering. Some said it is a curse on me, and I need to abandon sex for a while and have myself refreshed by the holy spirit. I never tried, because I just cannot live with no sex.

#3 dlind70

dlind70

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:34 AM

maybe the holy spirit is just gas in us for the right experience.  I love that mentality.  More sex and sexual release is not a bad thing.

#4 SilverTiger

SilverTiger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:15 AM

My relationship is deteriorating because sex has become such a burden for me. I used to be a very sexual person - now I can't imagine anything worse. I am never in the mood - I always feel anxious and uncomfortable due to IBS. Aside from sex, bloating has made me incredibly self conscious and the illness in general has made me depressed and anxious. My boyfriend is kind but does not understand and his patience is wearing thin. Any tips?

#5 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:48 AM

I feel like I wrote that, silver. It's a huge burden now as I'm never in the mood. It physically is not comfortable. Tips needed indeed. I get it's not "fair" but why should we suffer so they can get off?

#6 doggo

doggo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:46 PM

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sex, back pain, pain

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here