Has anyone tried marijuana to relieve symptoms? - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Has anyone tried marijuana to relieve symptoms?

marijuana symptoms relief constipation desperate

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 optimuspaige

optimuspaige

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:02 PM

Advertisement

Ok, so in the past year my IBS-C has gotten so bad. I used to have a mostly acid reflux problem, but that slowly subsided and now I just have the symptoms of my IBS. It is RUINING my life. I constantly have abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, gas, and I always feel HORRIBLE. I am 23 years old and feel like I'm missing out on life because I never feel good and/or I'm worried that I won't feel well. I've tried several different medications and procedures, and nothing really seems to work. I recently have been doing a lot of research on marijuana's effects on constipation. I have never smoked before, and honestly am a little anxious to. I was wondering if anyone has had heard of anything or have first hand experience on the effects of marijuana on their constipation? I am desperate and am now willing to try anything to begin to feel normal again. 

#2 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:20 PM

I use it, but mostly for nausea and the pain. It has not helped with my constipation atall but that is just me.

#3 Nuffa

Nuffa

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:46 PM

i tried it. didn't help at all. will i give it a second try?maybe.

#4 dlind70

dlind70

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

apple cider vinegar and honey.  that'll clear you out

#5 MyrnaMina

MyrnaMina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:34 AM

I have tried marijuana but not regularly but it does seem to help. My IBS-C is directly related to my anxiety and this calms my colon and my nerves. I am afraid to ask my Dr but I would like a more controlled dose and maybe not to smoke it.
I have also found pilates to be helpful to get things moving. I don't ever feel like I have had a full movement which is very unsettling. It affects my whole life. Everyday I think did I poop, when did I poop, did I poop enough. Is it this or that. Should I do this or that. Super frustrating. Good luck.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marijuana, symptoms, relief, constipation, desperate

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here