Can IBS cause pain in upper left abdomen - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Can IBS cause pain in upper left abdomen

IBSD pain PSIBSD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lithium

lithium

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:47 PM

Advertisement

OK so today I got pain in upper left abdomen just below the last rib and chills. I checked my temperature and there is no fever. Is this the pain of gastritis or is it due to IBS? I had an endoscopy done before(it showed antral gastritis) and the pain is very similar to that one. I have post infectious IBSD.

#2 estonianlad

estonianlad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:24 PM

I had this pain before I had an ultrasonic test and it revealed a bit enlarged spleen. I have been told, it is not related with ibs. I still dont know my diagnose but I believe I have PI-IBS as well so I just cannot give a clear answer.

Anyways dont take my info too seriously but I reccommend undergoing an ultrasonic test for organs.

#3 Caz2711

Caz2711

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:36 PM

Hi,

(As I've been told by my docs) Upper left abdomen pain (in/around the rib cage) is associated with the spleen, gallbladder, pancreas and stomach. I too was referred for an ultrasound, however mine came up clear.  Given my family history, they are doing further tests to check for pancreatitis though.  More information is needed before a diagnosis is made.  For example, is the pain sudden or gradual?  On a scale of 1-10, how much does it hurt?  It is continual or sporadic?  Does it occur after eating or is it present all the time?  Do painkillers ease it?  Do certain foods trigger the pain?

Ideally you should discuss all this with your doctor, who will likely refer you for an ultrasound scan.

#4 lithium

lithium

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:36 AM

I think my gastritis is coming back. I had an ultrasound scan a while ago and it came back clear although they did write collitis with acid peptic disease on the report. What is causing this gastritis and collitis, infection or immune system gone haywire.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBSD, pain, PSIBSD

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here