Anyone else have this? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Anyone else have this?

pain cramps school teenager IBS irritable bowel stress toilet embarrassing stomach

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TheLAWvirus

TheLAWvirus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:05 PM

Advertisement

For over 9 months I have been suffering from on and off stomach problems, it all started with some kind of stomach virus where I was going to the toilet a lot and had a lot of stomach pain.

Since this nearly every morning I've been waking up with sever stomach pain followed by the need to use the toilet, occasionally I get stomach after eating or random chronic stomach pain followed by having to use the toilet for a while. Following this the pain will often last into late morning and I may need to go to the toilet again, this is a pain as I'm in high school and so far (minus the incident on the plane) I've managed to hide it from other students, but I am constantly nervous that my stomach is going to suddenly turn when I'm at school. Because of this whenever my stomach has been unbearable I've had days off school but as this year is my GCSE year I won't beable to have much time off.

I have been to the doctors numerous times with this problem and so far the only thing they've found is that I am very anemic. I have discovered that cutting out lactose improves the state of my stomach slightly and fatty foods make it worse. I really don't know what to do anymore because it just seems like its getting worse and that I'm stomachs becoming upset for no reason, even the pain relief like buscopan doesn't seem to be helping much anymore.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense but does this sound familiar to anyone else and is this really IBS or something different.  

#2 dlind70

dlind70

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:01 AM

do you skip breakfast.  what do you eat for breakfast? Also do you get headaches often?

#3 TheLAWvirus

TheLAWvirus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:26 AM

I normally eat toast with a lactose free yoghurt for breakfast I don't normally get headaches but I often get light headedness and sometimes nausea.

#4 dlind70

dlind70

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

i would consider this for lunch :cooked lentils (for the iron vit C) with real butter and capers or spices to taste. If you want major nutrition, bison meat is prbably great for iron and zinc (great for the heart and also your you-know-what if you're male)  This should help anemic symptoms.  Also Yogurt has too much cooling effect on the stomach.  Look into eating more earthy foods for breakfast like tree nuts and tree fruits to buffer the protein and for flavor.  The stomach builds your hormones throughout the day.  virus and parasites are stopped with a stomach temperature of 100*f or so.  Basically you should eat three square meals a day to move around the minerals in your body.

Suggestions for breakfast food, pine nuts, soaked almonds, walnuts and dates, peaches (female) plums (male), apple, kiwi,  avocado or coconut (if youre female)

#5 TheLAWvirus

TheLAWvirus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:01 PM

Thanks dlind70 I will defiantly try this to see if it helps.

#6 CynthiaL123

CynthiaL123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:37 PM

Are you lactose intolerant or some thing like that?

Hope you are better now. 

#7 Sabrina Rey

Sabrina Rey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:35 AM

I think there must be something wrong with your intestinal. you should check your dietary, which is the main factor for affecting our health. if your symptom is a short term, I suggest that you must eat some bad food. according to the food authenticity analysis, bad food can cause terrible problem for human beings.  I hope this is helpful. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pain, cramps, school, teenager, IBS, irritable bowel, stress, toilet, embarrassing, stomach

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here