Constipation, bloating, and falling asleep right after eating... - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Constipation, bloating, and falling asleep right after eating...

Constipation bloating fatigue IBS-C IBS-D laxative anxiety depression

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thejono

thejono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:21 AM

Advertisement

For the last couple years I've had IBS-D symptoms, but recently it seems to have switched to IBS-C and I cannot digest anything without a laxative. Anytime I eat anything, it feels like it gets stuck in my stomach or just past my stomach and doesn't move anywhere. After taking a laxative, everything starts to move again but I of course have minor diarrhea from the laxative. Also, after eating I will experience a draining fatigue that I can barely stay awake. This isn't your typical Thanksgiving fatigue, it is a bit more extreme than that. If I get to the point where I'm bloated, then I start to feel pressure around the area where my gallbladder is located, but I've been checked for gallstones, and had none. In addition to all this, I experience intense anxiety from the slow moving digestion and bloating. And, if I take the laxative and things are moving fine, I will have no anxiety. The constipation is actually causing the anxiety.

Anyone else experience this before? Any ideas what the problem could be?

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12262 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:47 AM

sorry for your problems. i do hope you have a good gastroenterologist who is helping you with all of this.

if you feel your stomach is emptying too slowly, ask him/her to be tested for gastroparesis (delayed stomach emptying) 

http://www.webmd.com...s-gastroparesis

there is a also a test to determine motility of the colon--the sitz marker test (colonic transit study)  as well as tests to determine motility in the small intestine.

good luck with everything. hope you can find some relief. take care.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 thejono

thejono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:52 PM

annie7 thanks for the information! I saw my gastro doctor a few months ago and had an ultrasound and colonoscopy, but everything was fine. I'm planning to head back there soon to get this figured out, but I'm dubious they'll be able to pinpoint it. I'll ask them about gastroparesis and colon motility. Thanks!

#4 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12262 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:05 PM

oh good, glad i was able to help maybe a little bit.

and yes, you're right--maybe the doc won't be able to pinpoint it but at least you can ask him/her about GP and colon motility. good luck with everything.  

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Constipation, bloating, fatigue, IBS-C, IBS-D, laxative, anxiety, depression

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here