So scared: Ibs or Cancer? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

So scared: Ibs or Cancer?

ibs bowels cancer scared teen constipation bloating

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 missanniev

missanniev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:35 AM

Advertisement

Hello. So, I'm a 16 year old struggling. I'll explain quickly a bit about myself -- I am barely 16, very tall, very slender, and with a nutritionist mother.

On the first days of October, things started to go downhill for me. My intestines just started to screw up. I had this urgency to go to the bathroom but when I did, nothing! The only thing that got my bowels moving was cardio, and it was just a short lived relief. The moment I ate and digestion began, I felt the same urgency. My symptoms these months: 

- Alternating constipation/diarrhea 

- Urgency to go

- Occasional abdominal pain

- Pushing to get a BM

- Flatulence

- Feeling I did not empty completely my bowels

So throughout the month I started to exercise a lot -- something I had not done for a full year. I ate more fruits, incorporated yogurt and drank a lot of water. I got better. There were a few bad days, but mostly, being in school with friends and trying to live more healthily got me better. But then, vacations arrived. (I have a different school schedule -- February-November) While it's true I began to eat a lot more of chocolate, fried foods, brownies, milk, I thought I would feel better after school's stress. But no! I had almost gotten a normal life, and then it got worse?! Why?

Please, I need help. To say I'm scared is an understatement -- I'm terrified. Could this be cancer? I am so scared that it's cancer, but my parents say I'm being paranoid because we're generally a cancer free family. Still, I could be the exception that makes the rule. Please help me, I'm so scared I'll die. I'm just a kid...

#2 dlind70

dlind70

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:11 PM

Id say its lack of vit C foods.  Try russet potato baked and parsley root baked at 7:00 pm and then fresh pineapple afterward (do this for three nights as a therapy).  Walnuts and dates for breakfast.  Not cancer its just growing pains, most of us get them.

#3 missanniev

missanniev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:37 PM

Thank you so much for your help, I'll definitely try that out. I'm just really tired of being scared about this... 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, bowels, cancer, scared, teen, constipation, bloating

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here