Imodium Discussion for IBS-D - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Imodium Discussion for IBS-D

imodium ibs-d ibsd medication teen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mrp1027

mrp1027

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:47 PM

Advertisement

Hello,

I'm 15 years old and I have IBS-D, more specifically psychologically induced ibs, aka I can control my bowels with my mind (cool right?)  But anyway, it's been happening since the fifth grade, every morning when I wake up for school I automatically think about it, therefore causing it.  I can't just not think about it, it's a really weird thing. But due to my age and society, I'm unable to surround myself in a suitable environment for IBS, meaning I'm required to go to school, and I love it and do NOT want to do online schooling.  My schools different however, its built in the form of a house structure and is very small.  I have half an hour between classes everyday and two hours off in the middle of the day every other day, which is very useful for my situation.  However, my classes alternate days and are an hour and a half long, not good for IBS since it's sort of unacceptable to use the bathroom more than once in a class.  So, I've become very dependent on Imodium.  On very good days I take 3-4.  On a typical day I take 5-6.  And on bad days I take 7-12.  I only take these when I need to be somewhere, like school, so on weekends I don't take any.  However, I've noticed on weekends I get really bad diarrhea once withdrawing from the imodium.  I try my best not to take any on the weekends, to prevent building immunity to imodium. This is odd for me considering my IBS is purely thought induced, and when it happens on the weekends it's just physical.  I'm on my fifth day of thanksgiving break and school starts tomorrow and its gradually gotten worse over the break.  I've refrained from using any imodium to hopefully restart my system with it as much as possible and take advantage of the five days off.  But today it's so bad and I have to get back on track for tomorrow, but I want to refrain from using it as long as possible, what do I do?  Is there a such thing as imodium withdrawal, and how long does it last?  Can I become tolerant to imodium?  If so, I'm sort of screwed because this is the only thing left allowing me to attend school.  Are there any over the counter alternatives other than pepto?  Pepto stopped working really.  Any advice or similar problems?  Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: imodium, ibs-d, ibsd, medication, teen

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here