When is it just not IBS? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

When is it just not IBS?

Candida IBS Gallbladder Gastro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mpetrie

mpetrie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:01 AM

Advertisement
Hi Community,

I was diagnosed with IBS / GERD somewhere around 10 years ago at 19 years of age. Eventually, I was able to have it under decent control with the combination of anxiety meds, ppi meds, and anti-reflux. However, I had my Gallbladder go bad about 2 years ago and since removal life has been horrid (only 28 when it started).

I have had a constant cycle of constant bathroom break days and other constipation days with horrible pain attacks. I have reduced some of the pain severity with anti-anxiety meds but the cycle still exists. I have had 40 pages worth of tests and seen multiple doctors and no one has a solid clue as there are no real results from tests. Also, the medicine tried besides antibiotics and steroids most doctors just say its IBS and that there is not a fix.

However, I recently was able to ask a doctor to try an antibiotic to help with potential SIBO. A side effect was better formed stool and even noticed white specs and stuff in my stool. Did some digging and ran across candida overgrowth. This matched not only my current symptoms but explained the weird body pains and previous pre gallbladder issues even.

My most recent gastro said to try an integrated medicine specalist and that its probably just IBS. I am willing to try this but wanted to see if anyone has ever had any luck with this or even natural remedies? I have had some luck with anti fungus meds (not cure just helping some) and think its a valid path but wanted to see theough community knowledge. Also, has anyone experienced terrible symptoms caused by candida that doctors said is just IBS? Although the doctors are skeptical, I am starting to be skeptical of most gastro doctors being able to actually diagnosis this correctly.

Please share any advice or stories as I feel like I know what wrong but the doctors don't seem to believe me. They have either said SIBO andy your resistant to a fix or IBS and deal with it. Does anyone have a path or suggestions to break through the medical wall so to speak?

Thanks.

#2 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:15 AM

I would try to get the test for sibo. If that is positive, there are different combinations of antibiotics you could try. It is definitely hard to find a decent gi dr. Each one seems to think differently esp regarding "ibs" patients so you just need to find one that will atleast help you investigate further.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Candida, IBS, Gallbladder, Gastro

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here