Isn't Flatulence the biggest problem (symptom) of IBS - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Isn't Flatulence the biggest problem (symptom) of IBS

symptom flatulence IBS advice

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 anonymous5

anonymous5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:25 AM

Advertisement

i suffer from IBS and currently under medication. The biggest issue i'm facing right now, is flatulence. The smell disgusts me and the sound has made me embarrassed many times. (At home as well as work). It has come to a point, where I have completely forgotten the meaning of self.

I really really need advice!!! So far i have used Shreddies which is an underwear that claims to stop/ reduce smell of flatulence. but let me tell you!! this is not the best option!!!

I am seeking effective solutions for this problem and hoping to rebuild the lost self confidence. Please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences. 

Thanks

#2 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:40 AM

Have you ever been tested for sibo (small intestinal bacteria overgrowth)? A symptom of that is horrid flatulence. Antibiotics can help with it.. it helped me alot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: symptom, flatulence, IBS, advice

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here