After Colonoscopy test questions and concerns?! - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

After Colonoscopy test questions and concerns?!

colonoscopy Diverticulitis

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sparty57

Sparty57

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 December 2015 - 05:17 PM

Advertisement

so long story short I was having left lower abdomen aches and odd stools and diarrhea for 3 months, I went to drs who sent me to see a Gastro, I was given a colonoscopy which found diverticulitis and hemorrhoids, which would explain all my issues, the Gastro office called me saying the the DR wants me to repeat another colonoscopy within a year because there was a little area that had stool in the way and he wanted to just clear that section, and that if I want to come back into the office for they could explain that it's nothing major and for them to read my pathogly results, I asked her if those results were ok and she said it wasn't marked serious and that it said no malignancies, and that was all she could tell me.... so my question is should I be concerned?? I already know I have diverticulitis, i understand he probably is just wanting to be complete... and are pathogeny follow ups routine? she said they were for people who get colonoscopy.... i am a 30 year old male.. I am just stressed out because i Know from the first test what was bothering me and now he wants to do another one to see a little area covered with a little bit of stool, I understand they wanna be complete but should i overly worry? I've already accepted I have Diver, i just wanna move on.. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: colonoscopy, Diverticulitis

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here