How do you cope with anxiety and fear ? - Mental Health - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

How do you cope with anxiety and fear ?

anxiety fear sleep

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 IndianRopeTrick

IndianRopeTrick

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:18 PM

Advertisement

I am IBS free now, but I have some anxiety issues. I get too anxious easily about things that would not make most people anxious, such as small things to be done at work the next day. Sometimes, it prevents me from sleeping. But, it generally prevents me from falling back to sleep after waking up early in the morning (3-7).

It looks like CBT and positive thinking can help. If you know any other tips & resources which help one to deal with anxiety and fear, then please share it here.

Thanks !!!

IBS Free after about 8 years ! Now, I am living with a small Hiatal hernia and fixing my sleep problems. Not too bad.

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9219 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:52 PM

Hi IRC

so glad you're IBS free now! that's wonderful.

yes you're right.  positive thinking always is good and oh yes--CBT helps tremendously.  back when  i was working, i first discovered CBT and it got me through an exceptionally  tough patch at work when we had an over-the-top extremely draconian supervisor. just learning to stop that whole catastrophic thinking thing really helps a lot.

also meditation and learning to let go of thoughts has been a godsend  you look at the thought, acknowledge the thought and then just let it go....

when i have something on my mind-- maybe something i'm worried about--if i find i'm worrying about it prior to bedtime, i write it down on a pad of paper--the problem, possible solutions etc.  there's something about writing it down that helps clear my mind of it so i can get to sleep.  i've read that writing it down and then tearing up the paper and throwing it away can also be helpful.

good luck. wishing you all the best. take care.

• IndianRopeTrick likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 Alina Polyakevich

Alina Polyakevich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:21 AM

Share Your Problems

You should share your worries with a close friend. The positive effect is achieved due to two main factors:

• Support. As a rule, a disturbing person lacks it. After talking with someone from the heart, it is much easier to deal with everyday problems – in fact, there is a feeling that there is someone secure behind, who will come to the aid;
  • Analysis of the situation. Having said their problems out loud, people look at them from a different angle. In addition, anxiety is disturbed by the presence of a third party – an interlocutor, who can advise the best way out of the situation and to dispel unpleasant thoughts.

If you don’t have friends, you can visit a psychologist. A professional from the height of his experience is able to suggest how to overcome anxiety. Most likely, he had a lot of patients with a similar problem.

http://undepress.net...rid-of-anxiety/

#4 Arzaan

Arzaan

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:06 PM

I am IBS free now, but I have some anxiety issues. I get too anxious easily about things that would not make most people anxious, such as small things to be done at work the next day. Sometimes, it prevents me from sleeping. But, it generally prevents me from falling back to sleep after waking up early in the morning (3-7).

It looks like CBT and positive thinking can help. If you know any other tips & resources which help one to deal with anxiety and fear, then please share it here.

Thanks !!!

Hii me to frm india
Pls share ur success story..

#5 loungfrank

loungfrank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:13 AM

It's great to hear you that- "you are now IBS free", but anxiety is really a very serious issue. I was also patient of anxiety. But now I feel okay. I just fallowed natural way to deal it with. Hope it will help you

Exercise: I did or still doing exercising to ease from it. Exercising releases mood-boosting hormones, making us feel happier and more positive. It also reduces stress and clears the mind. 
Avoid substances: If alcohol and drugs are the cause of your anxiety, or make it worse, staying off these substances is vital.
Reduce the use of stimulants: Try to avoide smoking and caffeine. Smoking is one of the reason of anxiety.
Meditate: Relaxation methods like meditation will helpful to reduce stress.
Sleep: take at least 7 hours good night sleep to calming your mind.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anxiety, fear, sleep

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here