Anyone ever dealt with Cathartic Colon (melanosis coli) - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone ever dealt with Cathartic Colon (melanosis coli)

chronic constipation laxatives

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Malaclypse Jones

Malaclypse Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:29 AM

Advertisement

Hello i wouldn't be writing this if i where not desperate and wholly disappointed by going to a hundred doctors and finding few if any hope from the health system. I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism 13 years ago; no i have a generally half-stable thyroid, but treatment carried on into chronic constipation that now has degenerated into a cathartic colon hell (also called melanosis coli) after years of taking senna laxatives. Doctors never warned that it could damage my evacuation functions and neuroenteric system, I spend daily about  6-8 hours trying to go to the bathroom. The problem now is not just the constipation but the permanent urge to go to the bathroom ingrained in my intestine, a feeling of never being able to be done. I hope someone can help me. I have tried reducing the laxatives but i still have the urge to go all the time to the bathroom. I have tried so may thing. Is there anyone who has overcome this same problem? Any recommendations, I am desperate. Thank you.

#2 TMM388

TMM388

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

I'm wondering if you ever found any help for cathartic colon?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chronic, constipation, laxatives

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here