Newbie: Severe SIBO, need herbal anti-biotic tips (UK)SIBO IBS Herbal antibiotics treatment bacteria
Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:49 PM
I have realized I am suffering with SIBO, which is officially undiagnosed, but I'm 100% certain of it. Here in the UK we cannot get tested, unless we do a mail order test at great cost it seems, though I will explore that as more funds become available.
I have some questions for the community and wonder if I should list them here or in a separate thread ?
I would like advise about structuring a treatment program and diet, which I wish to be Vegan. I don't buy the Paleo angle, as I tried it and got worse (Joint pain, dizzyness, weakness) when eating meat, especially red meat and animal fats.
My names Mike, I was a musician until my IBS got so bad I don't even feel like picking up a guitar or singing any more. My saving graces have been Dr Allison Siebecker and some of the Paleo folk who heard of SIBO, but I don't get on with their low carb methods. Carbs or starches I believe should only be temporarily cut out whilst dealing with the infection of bacteria in the upper small intestine.
I've been very depressed and look forward to giving and receiving support. As I'm IBS-C, I'm wanting to know if I should go with Berberine as a partner for the Allicin or to just try the Allicin by itself. Siebecker seems to do rounds of multiple herbs over 1-2 month periods.
I'm willing to try others too, thanks!
Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:11 PM
Hopefully by now you've had some improvement with your SIBO.
I haven't tried herbal antibiotics yet but I've found this site http://www.harleystr...vergrowth).html and it uses herbal remedies to cure SIBO. It's not cheap so it will depend on your budget but hopefully it's helpful for you.
Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:23 AM
I recent did a round of herbal treatments for SIBO. Personally, my case was bad and with the amount of money I spent on it I wish I had done the expensive send-away test and got a formal diagnosis so they would just give me an antibiotic, but for a good portion of it I felt a lot better! Here's what I did:
Two weeks prep:
- Medi-herb Linton supplement twice per day (I think you need a naturopath to prescribe it?)
- 2 ml rosemary extract twice per day (can get at a health store)
- This is to prepare your body for the shift in getting rid of all the bad bacteria where it's not supposed to be. Without this, you are like to suffer from flu-like detox symptoms
Two weeks stage one:
- 1,000 mg Goldenseal twice a day (can order online/get in health stores)
- 3.5 ml of "tincture of death" twice per day (1/3 thyme, 1/3 myrh?, 1/3 oregon grape) twice a day (need to have a naturopath make it)
Two week stage two:
- Two pills for Biotics ADP Emulsified Oregano Oil (can get online) twice a day
- Two pills Allimax supplement twice a day
One to two months stage three:
- low FODMAP diet
- prescription motility agent (need to get from medical doctor, at least in Canada - I have the same written down somewhere, I can find it if you're interested)
Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:27 PM
was this at kirsten smith's in Toronto by any chance?
Also how long were you on this protocol? and could you elaborate on what you mean by saying 'for a good portion of it I felt a lot better"
mainly the 'for a good portion" bit and whether it helped or just temporarily reduced symptoms or something since you didnt say anything about being cured or even about getting there.