Help I'm freaking out - GI-related Diagnostic Tests - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Help I'm freaking out

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 penguinfreak

penguinfreak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:32 AM

Advertisement
Hi I'm new here and need some help. I have ibs -a. And right now I'm having what I hope is just a bad flare up. I'm very stressed at the moment and do suffer from
Anxiety. I have a pain in my lower right and normally it's a dull ache but now I am getting spasms too. I have done scans and it always shows up as gas bubbles with everything looking normal. Can one get gas just on one side? Also is it normal to get this dull ache on one side? When I was 16 I had my appendix removed but they found it was not inflamed so I must have had the same sort of pain I'm guessing. Gp sent me to Gynae and Gynae thinks it's just adhesions from the appendix scar but with the extreme gas and frequent bowel movements or feeling constipated I don't know. A few months ago went to a gi dr who told me its ibs too but since it's on one side I don't know. I also get mucus in my stools sometimes. Anyone ever got these symptoms?

#2 Theranis

Theranis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:12 AM

I also get mucus in stools sometimes.

#3 romanticzomedy

romanticzomedy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:32 PM

Yes, I've had both of these happen quite a lot over the past eight months. Either a dull, steady ache or a very sharp stab on the right side of my abdomen. Not sure if it was gas, since it's now moved to a generalized pain of gas in my whole lower abdomen. Ultrasounds and MRIs showed no problems with appendix, gallbladder, or liver, so I'm not really sure what it was, and my stools often have a lot of mucus.

No matter how much loneliness falls upon us
No matter how much pain we have to take
We must not shut down our senses
Even if we lose our words

--- Ayumi Hamasaki "SURREAL"

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here