PI-IBS: When do you know its going away? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

PI-IBS: When do you know its going away?

pi-ibs post infectious ibs post-infectious ibs post infectious post-infectious symptoms

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rockford12s

rockford12s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:01 PM

Advertisement

I've had PI-IBS for 2.5-3 months now and in the beginning stages, I was constantly bloated, gassy, had abdominal pain and frequent diarrhea. In the last month or so I've been on a probiotic called Culturelle and have begun eating better (mostly chicken, rice, toast, bananas, etc). I've also been avoiding fried foods, dairy, caffeine, and carbonated drinks. 

Since my diet change and taking probiotic 1x/day, my symptoms have improved significantly. I don't have nearly as much gas as I used to have. The bloating/abdominal pain/growling/overall discomfort in my stomach has gone away almost to the point where i dont even think about it. 

The only thing that really remains is the abnormal stool. For the most part I go in the morning and the stools are usually pretty soft, foul smelling, not easy to clean (sorry for the details)....and in between, about once ever 1-2 weeks I get a bout of diarrhea. I know my ibs isn't as bad as most but its still pretty frustrating when you feel like you're getting better but then you get D and it brings you back down. Im not sure if my body is still fighting this or what...but I was curious to know if anybody else who went through PI-IBS noticed the stages of recovery. 

Would appreciate anyone to share their stories on PI-IBS and recovery time/stages, and if they are similar to mine. 

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pi-ibs, post infectious ibs, post-infectious ibs, post infectious, post-infectious, symptoms

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here