IBS symptoms better during period? - Women's Health Issues - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS symptoms better during period?

ibs ibs-d pi-ibs menstruation birth control

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kacey10795

kacey10795

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:55 PM

Advertisement

• WillBeOkSomeDay likes this

#2 selfcarejourney

selfcarejourney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:17 AM

I am not taking any form of birth control pill and my IBS is always the worst when I am on my period. The pain from both is debilitating and I feel more constipated and dread going to the toilet. I have been thinking about going on the pill but maybe it would worsen my IBS? Thanks for sharing x

• icon wellness coach likes this

#3 kacey10795

kacey10795

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:38 AM

#4 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:52 AM

I have had horrible experiences on birth control. I've tried it 4 times with different kinds, and everytime I end up vomiting for days. I'm not sure why that happened but I know i won't be trying it ever again!

#5 kacey10795

kacey10795

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:14 AM

#6 Elliebellie

Elliebellie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:35 PM

I'm not on birth control but my ibs-d gets a lot worse with pms

#7 Brianna Mercedes

Brianna Mercedes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:20 AM

I too experience nausea. I've been on the pill for 7 years. I've had to switch brands a few times, because of discontinued brands, but the worse of my IBS symptoms didn't begin until about 3 or 4 years ago during college. The nausea is the worst. Its so debilitating.

What do you all take to alleviate nausea?

#8 ccoleman

ccoleman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:24 AM

Women’s IBS symptoms can change in different ways at different stages of the menstrual cycle. However, there are some common trends. During a woman’s period, the levels of sex hormones in her body are at their lowest. During this time, many women have an increase in the severity of IBS symptoms such as abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, and bloating. Many women also find that during the days immediately after ovulation in the menstrual cycle (usually around day 14), symptoms such as bloating and constipation can get worse. For some women, this can last until the beginning of their periods and into the first 1-2 days of bleeding.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, ibs-d, pi-ibs, menstruation, birth control

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here